1. So what's the story behind Crematory Stench? How did this idea rise from the crypts?
E. Cruz: Crematory Stench started out with J. Aguilar and me (E. Cruz) wanting to do death metal in early 2015 since we live close to each other and knew what we wanted it was just about choosing the right people. After trial and error on members for months, we got E. Barajas and M. Valencia.
The most stable line up, and the most comfortable to work with. We recorded March 26th-27th the four song EP.
2. You guys play dirty and filthy death metal? I personally hear Autopsy and Dismember. What are some of your influences?
EC: That’s what we wanted! Well Autopsy and Dismember are just a few of our influences. Our influences are Morgoth, Asphyx, Darkthrone, Slayer, Repugant and lots of Iron Maiden.
As well as newer bands that have come out , like Tribulation, Deathcult, Venefixion, Bastard Priest.
3. You guys have been playing some kick ass gigs. How has the response been overall? I'm excited for the upcoming Deathammer show you guys are going to be playing.
EC: It's funny actually, Were kind of the "new guys" so people don't really know us until we go up and even then everyone’s like "woah.." not expecting us to be making that noise! Considering were also the youngest band on the bills usually! We're excited as well! It’s going to be one the best shows for sure!
4. So let's talk about the EP. How was the writing process for this? How was the recording process? How did you get Olof from Enforcer to do the mix?
EC: J. Aguilar and E. Barajas are the mastermind on the writing. The recording went smooth. We had those songs locked and loaded for a couple months. Just needed to get them recorded, which took 2 days.
Our first mixing was a bit ehh. We were very strict on what we wanted everything to sound like especially the drums. No triggers, no over productions. Olof was the first person that came to mind, I had heard 2 album mixes by him and new that
Our music was good in his hands and new exactly what i wanted. No over production. No triggers.
5. Do you have other material that didn't make it onto the EP? Possibly for a future full length?
EC: We have 1 song that was recorded that didnt end up on the EP only because we wanted to keep it 4 songs. FDA will be releasing it on a Compilation with other bands in the winter for there anniversary. We already have 2 new songs ready to go.
EC: Chris Monroy from Skeletal Remains showed Rico (FDA Rekotz owner) our youtube song and got ahold of us the same day. No other interest from other labels.
6. What's your thoughts on newer technical death metal?
EC: Technical death metal can fuck off!!
7. What gear do you use?
EC: I use a Hartke HyDrive 410 speaker with a Hartke LH1000 head and a Dean Z bass.
8. Who did the logo and rotting corpse for you guys?
EC: Our good friend Marc Strobel from Carnal Tomb did the logo! And Gabe Slaughter did the artwork!
9. I know you design t shirts and patches with your distro Muerto En LA Cruz. How did you start?
EC: I started in 2014. I don’t work alone though, I get designs done from Rags in Vision and Obsessed By Cruelty.
10. Thank you for the interview. Any last words for the fans?
EC: Cheers! And be sure to check out the EP coming August 19th through FDA REKOTZ! Rot in hell!