1. Hello Aku, thank you for your time and doing this interview. How did the band form? What was the vision you guys had when you formed the band?
Aku: First of all, sorry for the late answer! The band was formed in 2012 when we wanted to form an epic heavy metal band with Petri and Frans. Actually we didn't have any particular vision when we formed the band. We just wanted to play and see where it would lead.
2. How has the reaction been to ‘Dawn of Genesis’ overall? What is your favorite song off this album if you have one?
Aku: I think the reactions have been quite good even though some people didn't like my vocals, but that is not our problem. My favorite songs are Enigma of Time and Olympian Aegis. Both songs have great guitar leads, killer riffs and an epic atmosphere!
3. What was the biggest difference in the recording experience of this record compared to the demos? The production on this record has a great sound. It sounds organic and not overly polished. Yet, on the other hand each instrument is heard clearly.
Aku: Well, the biggest difference was that Dawn of Genesis was recorded at a proper studio while our demos were recorded in our rehearsal room. That's why the tapes are more raw and the quality of the sound is not as good as it is in the studio album.
4. How did you guys get signed with Gates of Hell records?
Aku: We contacted Cruz del Sur and then we've got involved with Gates of Hell. They had heard about us before and liked our stuff.
5. When it comes to songwriting does the band work as a unit or do you guys come in with individual ideas?
Aku: We do it both ways. Most of the songs from Dawn of Genesis are written by Petri, but when we practice new stuff everyone can say their own opinions about it.
6. As a band what are some of your biggest musical influences? And what are some personal musical influences you draw from?
Aku: I think the biggest influences for the band have come from Slough Feg, Brocas Helm, Omen, Liege Lord, Thin Lizzy, Iron Maiden and several punk bands. I personally don't like the idea of making music under other bands infuence so it's hard to tell, but I think Iron Maiden would be the band which made me do this kind of music.
7. Who drew the cover and who come up with the cover concept? I must say when I first saw it I knew I had to listen to the music. It just screams traditional metal and I’m glad I discovered you guys!
Aku: The artwork was painted by Anu Bring (check her fb page Art by bring). We discussed about the cover idea with the band and Anu told her ideas so I guess we visioned the artwork together.
8. Are there any plans to do any touring? I think you guys would fit great on a fest like Keep it True in my personal opinion.
Aku: Maybe in the future at some point! At the moment there are no plans of touring, but we do play individual gigs.
9. Finland has some great bands. You guys for example but also Ranger, Speedtrap (R.I.P), Chevalier, and Rapid. Are the shows pretty crazy in Finland? Is the scene pretty tight knit?
Aku: Yeah, the shows are quite good in Finland! I think the only problem with gigs is the fact that Finland is quite a small country so the underground scene is not that big.
10. I wanted to say thank you once again for taking your time to do this. Any last words for the fans that will read this?
Aku: Thanks for the interview! Hope to see you when we get outside the borders of Finland!